Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Inventions...

This morning my son handed me something to put in his backpack while he went to go brush his teeth.
Why he didn't put it in his backpack himself on his way from the kitchen to the bathroom - since he had to walk right past it - I'll never know.   Regardless,  I'm a nice Mom so I agreed to do it.  I was in the middle of some critical web surfing at the time so it took me a minute to get to it.  He still had 8 minutes before the bus, there was plenty of time for me to walk the 5 feet from the table to where his backpack lay on the floor and insert said item.  During this minute and 1/2 of delay in completing my assigned task my dear son wasn't actually off brushing his teeth, he was regaling me with a diatribe on toothbrushes.  Perhaps talking about them is akin to using them in the mind of an 11 year old?  At the point where he realized I hadn't yet jumped up to complete my aforementioned errand, he stopped his tale of toothbrushes, and said "Well?!?!?!?"   Suitably humbled, I got up to complete my task and he continued discussing toothbrushes.  While I was unzipping his backpack, he came up behind me and said "Do you know what they should
invent?!"   Patient children, my friend.  They should invent patient children.

No comments:

Post a Comment