Monday, July 18, 2011

Parental Rite of Passage - #10 - The Rear View Mirror Glare Stare...

10)  You are driving along the road, and innocently look into the rear view mirror only to see the angry sullen eyes of the child that you FORCED to come along with you.   Whatever the reason they had to come along, they are annoyed with you and are staring at the back of your head, hoping to telepathically relay how angry they are that they are forced to attend this trip into stupidity.

Today I made my daughter come along with me to my hair appointment because she's not quite old enough to be home alone, while I'm that far away, for that long.  She positioned herself in the middle of the back seat of the minivan - which really maximized the effect of the rear view mirror glare stare.  Today I handled it by turning around at a stop light and making faces at her until she cracked a smile.  I'm thinking that won't work a second time.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! We should totally trade daughters for a little while so we can torment each other's children!

    ReplyDelete