Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Rules Have Not Changed!

Dear Children,
    Eating in the living room is against the rules. It has been for a long time and this rule has not changed.  Yes, occasionally I'll bend the rules and allow us to have popcorn on the sofa, or even dinner for a special treat.  And yes, when you're ill I let you eat in the living room so you don't have to move.  These are special occasions and do not indicate a permanent modification of the rules.
    "Why?", you may ask, "Do I not allow you to consume tasty morsels while comfortably ensconced on the sofa, partaking of your favorite animated entertainment?"  My answer, dear children, can be summed up in one word - CRUMBS.  You leave crumbs.  No matter what you are eating, or how carefully you claim to eat it, you leave crumbs!  Crumbs everywhere - Sticking to my feet or my arms or my legs, trapped in the back of my knees.....  AAAUGH! It's awful!  NO. MORE. CRUMBS!
Love,
 Mom

PS - I allow you to have fruit in the living room, but only because fruit does not produce crumbs.  However, if start finding sticky spots ....

1 comment:

  1. Try doing an archeological expedition in the sofa to see just how often the rules are ignored. I find unspeakable things stuffed deep into the couch, as if the children regarded the sofa as some kind of black hole which would suck the evidence into another dimension.

    ReplyDelete